Re: SCHED_OTHER

Is there anything specific that you don't understand ?

SCHED_OTHER: Default Linux time-sharing scheduling
SCHED_OTHER can only be used at static priority 0. SCHED_OTHER is the
standard Linux time-sharing scheduler that is intended for all
processes that do not require special static priority real-time
mechanisms. The process to run is chosen from the static priority 0
list based on a dynamic priority that is determined only inside this
list. The dynamic priority is based on the nice level (set by the nice
or setpriority system call) and increased for each time quantum the
process is ready to run, but denied to run by the scheduler. This
ensures fair progress among all SCHED_OTHER processes.

Source: http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl2_sched_setscheduler.htm

Shailesh Jain