Re: simulate a PCI hotplug event?

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 01:41:45PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   i'm starting to design a course in how to write a PCI driver, and i
> was looking for kernel support to simulate hotplugging PCI devices,
> and ran across drivers/pci/hotplug/fakephp.c, but that seems to refer
> to a "legacy" feature.  is there a more current feature that lets me
> do this?  thanks.

Nope, that should be good enough, does it not work for you?

But note, that just lets you remove the pci device virtually (not for
real, don't go yanking the device after doing that.)  It doesn't let you
add it back in, you need to reboot to get the device back.

Hm, or was the "rescan the bus" code ever added to fakephp?  I know
there was patches for it floating around, but I can't remember if I ever
merged them or not, sorry.

thanks,

greg k-h