Re: gdb doesn't load line number information from object (kgdb target)

Hi Mulyadi, thanks for your message as always :) Just some thoughts:

> > But why doesn't gdb load it when I do an 'add-symbol-file' ? What am I doing
> > wrong here?
>
> I guess, kgdb stub in the target's end doesn't implement complete
> DWARF reading....specificly address to line numbers translation. To

I thought the address->line conversion is done at the debugger end?

> confirm again, try to use "objdump -d <your object file>" locally and
> check whether you see line numbers or not.

Also objdump -d disassembles, doesn't give line numbers AFAIK. I do a
readelf -wL to retrieve file ->lineno ->address mappings. These are
stored in the .debug_line section of the file.

Thanks,
-Joel