Re: kernel panic

Hi!

On 11:56 Sun 13 Dec     , Herlin R. Matos Lastres wrote:

> Michael Blizek wrote:
> >You only need an initrd, if you need to load modules before mounting the
> >root filesystem.
> >
> >	-Michi
> I have a cuestion, if I use some initrd, and I not need it, I can
> get problems?

This depends on what the initrd does and whether it is broken or not. The
initrd is basically a file system image which is loaded to memory by the
bootloader and contains a program which is executed before mounting the root
file system. Its purpose is to prepare the system so the root file system can
be mounted, if you have an encrypted root file system or something like this.
Some distributions create very small kernels and load disk drivers and so via
an initrd to avoid some "bloat".

> Michael Blizek wrote:
> > No "make modules"???
>
> No I didn't.

Please try executing this. Otherwise the modules are not compiled and
"make modules_install" does nothing.

	-Michi
--
programing a layer 3+4 network protocol for mesh networks
see http://michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com