Re: ext3 writing of data before metadata in ordered mode

Hi Josef, Your analysis makes perfect sense. Thank you so much.

Another question, what could explain the slowness in data=ordered
mode? I believe everything is asynchronous right? various lists are
maintained, and kjournald keeps checking theses lists and flushing
data before metadata written and marked dirty as you said. Is the
slowness because the flushing of data is done earlier than required
unlike when done by pdflush which waits for a certain amount of time?

Regards,
-Joel