Re: WANTED: Link kernel project

how about this:

when writing any kernel modules, or designing any functions in linux
kernel, there are many many specific known/untold/implicit rules in
development.   these rules may be embedded inside many additional
conditions.   it will be good if someone can start compiling these
rules-of-thumb in development for us:   some like "cheatsheet for
linux kernel programmer"?

before u look too far, there are already many useful resources
available (which should be pointed out - both for confirmation of
ideas, concepts, as well as reducing duplication of writing
resources).

Eg:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/kernel-locking/c214.html

which I found from this link:

http://www.google.com.sg/search?q=cheatsheet+linux+kernel

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Donato Capitella <d.capitella@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there,
> I checked out this page http://kernelnewbies.org/KernelProjects in
> search of a project for my graduation thesis in CS but almost everything
> seems to have been already taken.
>
> Do you know if there's something else I could do? The project should
> take from 3 to 5 months to complete (maybe a kernel module to add a new
> feature) and I would be happy if it concerned security issues (but this
> is not required).
>
> I'd really like to contribute to the kernel development after having
> used it for so long.
>
> Let me know, I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Please, reply to
> my email address, so that I'm sure I'll not miss the messages.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Donato Capitella
>

> --

Regards,