Re: Locking and interrupt handlers

2009/9/18 Leonidas . <leonidas137@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:52 AM, Pei Lin <telent997@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> 2009/9/18 Michael Blizek <michi1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> > Hi!

>> > He is programming a library which should be callable in both interrupt
>> > and non
>> > interrupt context.
>> >
>> ISR require short simple and do fast.... most time it only do some
>> work as set/check hardware register or set some flags.
>> i don't think the things above make more sense.
>> what's your opinion, michi?
>>

>> >        -Michi
>> > --
>> > programing a layer 3+4 network protocol for mesh networks
>> > see http://michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com
>> >

>> --
>> Best Regards
>> Lin
>

> Lin,
>
>>ISR require short simple and do fast.... most time it only do some
>>work as set/check hardware register or set some flags.
>
> This is what one reads in books or does in small drivers like keypad driver.
>
> The use case which I am talking about is a real life scenario. One might
> need to
> update a data structure from ISRs too. In my case it is a tree which might
> make
> it look more complex. But trust me, my intentions are good and my heart is
> in
> right place. Nothing bad is going to happen. So let me attempt it :-).
>
> I assume that I have convinced you now!
yeah, i know u make a complex logic to handle. But in my opinion, if
your ISR takes too long cpu ticks, how do u solve the problem about
interrupt lost? So i think that's the reason why need ISR short. That
is why
the interrupt handle divides to top half and bottom half.
why not make your ISR(top half) to perform like a trigger? when an
interrupt happens, it trigger or wake up your bottom half to do your
complex logic.
i am concerned that why u want to put your complex design all into the
interrupt context.
If i was wrong,please correct me. thanks

--
Best Regards
Lin