Re: decoding kernel oops

Hi...

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Manish Katiyar<mkatiyar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> thanks a lot.. now if I go back and read the post again, it is much
> more clear. BTW probably a stupid question, why does the op code in
> char string generates back the assembly ??

Hmm well that's because that hex chars are the representation of the
related assembly instructions. And gdb does it nicely for you. Without
it, you need to check Intel manual page by page, line by line to see
what they really mean :)

Is that what you ask? Or do you mean something else with the above question?

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer