Non-blocking IO

When you are in intrrupt context you can not access the process data structure. I think *Completion variable* should solve your purpose. The task waits for signal by calling *wait_for_completion* and by calling *complete* you can wake-up all the waiting task. In your case you can call *complete* from interrupt handler. *Completion Variable* is a subset of semaphore but has low memory footprint.
-Manish