Re: New kernel newbie column is up

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 14:41 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, Microbit_Ubuntu wrote:
>
> > Hi Robert and all,
> >
> > The article is quite interesting, however it seems hard to scratch
> > together relevant (should read : not outdated thus wrong) on
> > debugging kernel modules on a *remote* target...
>
>   the plan is for that to be a column down the road.  don't worry --
> we'll be getting to that.  unless someone wants to write something
> else up before then and post it elsewhere.  no one says *i* have to do
> all the writing.  :-)  i'd *love* it if someone else wanted to write
> an up-to-date article or three.
>
> rday
> --

> Robert P. J. Day                               Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
>
>         Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel Pedantry.
>
> Web page:                                          http://crashcourse.ca

Ha ! Thanks Robert for getting back.

At least something reassuring.
I certainly appreciate that your time specific to these things is
unpaid, so no worries. No rush.
In the meantime I'm trying to converge more into the problem, but it's
painful all right. Other articles carry on about invoking gdbstart for
this - obviously an old outdated method.
Still, it seems to have to do with drivers/serial/kgdboc.c somehow, the
polling call backs are not registered or some such. (at least, not on an
ARM target, I've seen some recent-ish posts circa June 2009 where others
had the same problem)
I'd like to debug it, but well.... you know :-) It's hard to get a
debugger going to "debug the debugger"... :-) :-)

It'll all come out of the wash. I'm not going to give up easily. Perhaps
a good rest and a break from this drama will help too...

73s
--
Best regards,
Kris