Re: 答复: Ecartis command results: appsub kernelnewbies FuXinRong@xxxxxxxxxxxx 4A71650B:26CF.1:xrearyarjovrf

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 18:07:18 +0800, 付新荣 <FuXinRong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> hi,everybody.
> I don't know why use the "stmia	sp, {r0, lr}" instruction rather than
> "stmda sp, {r0, lr}" in the macros "vector_stub" defined in file
> "arch/arm/kernel/entry-armv.S".
>
> becaue the "sp" register is point to the kernel stack top.
> The "sp" register is initialized with "init_thread_union +
THREAD_START_SP"

> Kernel stack:
> Lower address										higher address
> | init_thread_union|				<-------stack content--------|
> 								sp
> |<----------------------------8K bytes--------------------------->|
>
> According to the Kernel stack mechanism,I think that it should be
"stmda
> sp, {r0, lr}" and the SP should decrement.

Hi,

I don't know the intrinsics of the kernel stack, but the stack described is
indeed a full descending stack.
If pushing on the stack, it's more common to use the stmfd instruction
though. (IOW store on a full descending stack)
I guess it depends whether the excerpt of code is aiming to push or to pop
the stack.
It should be pushing, since the sp is the destination for the storing of
all registers + link register...

B rgds
Kris