Re: HOW TO UPCALL IN LINUX 2.6.28?

i mean when i modified the callee function to return '5' instead of '0' , however the usermodehelper module does not receive 5,instead it receives 0 and yet says 'everything all right', all i want is that it(module) should receive 5.

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 4:24 PM, krushnaal pai<krisonearth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i tried to implement an upcall in linux 2.6.28 using the codes given in
> "http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~arkeller/linux/kernel_user_space_howto.html#ss7.1"
> ( i have attached them)
> but it just doesnt work....
>
> it does printk the very first msg but at the call instruction it gives an
> error
>
> also plz help me know about the environment variables
Could you please post error codes and also check if path to callee executable is
correct on your machine?
You need to compile first callee.c (with gcc callee.c -o callee)
then change path to callee executable in usermodehelper.c
and finally compile module usermodehelper.c.

Then insert module with insmod and it should work.

good luck,

Marek

--
as simple as primitive as possible