Re: DMA Memory SIZE

Hi Deepak,

   I am newbie too but to my understanding kernel memory is divided into following memory zones:
   DMA_ZONE
   NORMAL_ZONE
   HIGHMEM_ZONE

   and depending on arch of the machine these memory zone range gets defined. e.g. for x86 its 16MB
   (24bit ISA address space) and on other platforms say ARM both DMA and NORMAL can be same. hence
   kernel assigns its addressable address from 0 to 2^32 address into these different memory zones and
   provides helper functions to request memory from these regions.

   I am not sure if these ZONES can be changed as per requirement say making x86 DMA zone more than
   16 MB. May be linux gurus on this alias could put more light on this.

Regards,
Vipul.