Re: Loading modules on every boot

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Rishi Agrawal<rishi.b.agrawal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have written a character device driver suppose abc.c
>
> 1) I want to load the device driver abc.ko on every boot of the system.
>
> How can I achieve this ?
In kernel menuconfig you can select if driver will be compiled like
module ([M] option)
or will be included in kernel ([*] option). If you select second
option your driver will be always
loaded. Be aware if your driver must be loaded before some other
drivers. But if no other
dependency it is sufficient.

> 2) I want the device /dev/abc_dev to be present whenever the system reboots.
> The major and minor number should same as that of abc.ko when inserted.
Create device node with command mknod /dev/abc c(for character device)
<major number> <minor mumber>
You need to be root to execute this command.

> How can this be done ?
> --
> Regards,
> Rishi B. Agrawal