Re: configuring initramfs/initrd support into the kernel?

Hi,

On 08/07/2009, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   what noinitramfs.c does is explicitly create a trivial root
> filesystem (with nothing but /root and /dev/console), at which point
> the kernel will go directly to trying to mount the final root
> filesystem, correct?

Are you trying to say that this tiny initial root filesystem is then
used as a mounting point for the real on-disk root filesystem? So if
you construct an in-kernel root i-node you then use this as the root
node to attach the real filesystem onto?

I've not had time to check the source (and it may well be beyond my
level of understanding). This is all very interesting.

Srdjan