what's the state of the kernelnewbies FAQ these days?

  i'm pondering adding to one of my linux.com articles one of these
days some links that would be useful for kernel noobs, but i have no
idea how useful or up-to date the kernelnewbies.org site is these
days.  specifically, the FAQ itself doesn't inspire me with
confidence.  following the very first link:

  http://kernelnewbies.org/FAQ/KernelCompilation

we read that this applies to version 2.6.0, which is *way* old.  and
the tar command to extract from a bz2 tarball is just wrong:

  $ tar xivf linux-2.6.0.tar.bz2

no, that "i" should be a "j" for bz2 tarballs.

  to be blunt, i'd like to recommend the best of the best of the
available links for kernel beginners, but i'm not going to include
links to material that are out of date or just plain wrong.  sorry to
sound harsh, but that's the way it is.

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday