Re: Is CD-DA supported in kernel 2.6

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:30 PM, SandeepKsinha<sandeepksinha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> For personal use only:
>
>  mnt = alloc_vfsmnt(name);
>        if (!mnt)
>                goto out;
>
> The name here is your mount point. Re-check.
> This should solve your issue. If you just want to get away with it.
>
> The intention of the above function ( get_sb_bdev) also includes to
> set the mountpoint for a device.
> So, you allocate a mnt and then pass it to get_sb_bdev.

Thanks a lot. I'll try this. One more question, as you know we usually mount
a filesystem in a way such as

$ mount -t cdda /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdda

It seems the mount point could be specified at cmdline options. Does the
arbitrary mount point suitable for this purpose? Do I need to pass the mount
point as a module parameter?

--
Adam Jiang