Re: stop mount/read/write

In case where you want to intercept these calls, you can write a shared library by having your implementation of these calls (i.e. read/write/mount). And then, set the path of this library in LD_PRELOAD environment. Any application running under this environment variable set, will invoke your implementation instead of calling system call.

Regards,
Vishal

Sandu Popa Marius wrote:

    Then the question is, during the case when the machine needs to be
    halted/powered off which unmounting must be done by root, how do you
    overcome it? Or do we miss something from your question?

    regards,

    Mulyadi.

I'm sorry if my question was unclear. Let me reformulate:

How do I intercept and stop system calls like mount/read/write without modifying the system_call_table?

Marius