Fwd: Query on UART baud rate calculation

Hi,

This is Sriram Bhetanabottla trying to understand the UART driver ( for educational purposes)  and I could not clearly get how the M,N, and D registers are used in computing the baud rate and how to fine tune these registers for the desired baud rate values.

Is there any good documentation or any source where I can get this clarified? I was searching in google and I came across the article http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6331 " "The Serial Driver Layer" you wrote on the UART linux device driver and thought you might give me some pointers.

I do apologize if this mail has caused any inconvenience to you and any information on these lines would be very much helpful.

Thanks a lot in advance
Sriram