From: Mulyadi Santosa [mailto:mulyadi.santosa@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 7:55 PM
To: Sudharsan Vijayaraghavan (vijayas)
Cc: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RSS per kernel thread

Hi ...

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Sudharsan Vijayaraghavan (vijayas)

<vijayas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All

> We work in 2.6.24. We are planning to add instrumentation by virtue of which

> one can get the physical memory consumed individually per kernel thread.

> Is there a mechanism/patch already in place which gives us such a metric? We

> do know that smaps does it per user process.

Interesting plan you have. Since kernel threads don't own VMA, perhaps

what you need is to declare linked list or tree that contain the page

frame numbers. Other than that, I don't know whether such

patch/mechanism exist.

regards,

Mulyadi.