Re: Video Subsystem

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:11 AM, m <maximilianbianco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am trying to find the most complete explanation of the video subsystems

check this:

http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/video4linux/API/V4L2_API

(200+) pages of explanation of V4L, should be "complete" enough......

and this:

http://home.comcast.net/~fbui/index.html

> available. I want to know how it works and the direction its going. So far
> this seems like the most prevalent hit I get when searching : the Essential
> Linux Device Drivers. I have started reading the section on the video
> subsystem.
>
> So my questions are:
>
>  Is this the most current information available?
>
> Is there somewhere a statement of intent regarding this topic?(i.e. a
> document that describes where future development is currently headed.)

usually the conferences like LCA or OLS will have a lot of good
writeup on the future of Linux Kernel/Applications in general...

> Any info or additional links to information are most welcome.
>
> Thanks
>
> Max
> --
> "Any fool can know. The point is to understand" --Albert Einstein
>
> Bored??
> http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/Fuqwit1.0
>
> http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/Coding_the_Magic_into_the_Eight_Ball
>
> --