Re: Why no trylock for read/write_bh?

sounds like u need a mutex or semaphore lock.   not the spinlock type,
nevertheless, pick your choice:

c06f5040 T _read_trylock
c06f5028 T _spin_trylock
c06f5154 T _spin_trylock_bh
c06f5061 T _write_trylock
c0444958 T down_read_trylock
c0444ec4 T down_trylock
c0444978 T down_write_trylock
c06f4096 T mutex_trylock
c044e86e t rt_mutex_slowtrylock
c06f4844 T rt_mutex_trylock
c067ccc2 T rtnl_trylock

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 5:04 AM, Kristian Evensen <kristrev@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a kernel module and need read/write locks of the bh-kind due
> to the module needing to process input from a proc-variable. To avoid

but sorry, why "proc-variable" need bh-kind of lock?

> deadlocks, I need to use trylock to determine if somebody is holding the
> lock or not. Unfortunately, I cannot find a trylock_bh for the
> read/write-lock and I am just curious is to why? Does it not make sense,
> have I missed something in the kernel code or is it because of something
> else?
>
> Thanks,
> Kristian
>
> --