Re: device driver debugging

Hi Nidhi,

How do you reboot the system.

I mean by command reboot, init and others or after the insmod the system has to be rebooted by the reset button

If  you use any command then there are some scripts which are run after the "reboot" command

I think they are called "rc" scripts

there you can add your command to copy the log files before reboot

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Srdjan Todorovic <todorovic.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

2009/3/27 nidhi mittal <nidhimittal19@xxxxxxxxx>:
> no in my case /var/log/messages --- in ubuntu --
> after reboot ---first line is restart --
> seems it rewritten totally after reboot

Yes, some distros delete files in places like /tmp on a boot -
something I find really annoying.

> dont know -- how to get state of kernel -- dmesg output -- /var/log/messages
> content
> just before reboot when kernel crashed .....

Can't you just setup a serial console and log to another machine?

Srdjan