Re: device driver debugging

Hi Nidhi,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 3:36 PM, nidhi mittal <nidhimittal19@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi all
> normally when i inmod my module -- if some error is there it appears on
> console and i guess the source of error.
>
> but this time what i have found is ..all error messages  -- just scroll up
> and what i see is last screen
> from which i am unable to make any guess where i am making mistake...
>
> and i had to reboot and after that there is nothing left of that error in
> dmesg
>
> Is there any way i can store these messages ---o/p of dmesg -- just after
> insmod in some file --
> i tried that too by simple dmesg > tt

#dmesg -c
#insmod <module>
#dmesg

Also, in your module code if you are suspecting some issues,
try using printk with _FILE_,_LINE_,_func_ macros...
This will be helpful.

well, whatever you see in dmesg can be seen at /var/log/messages.
So, refer that file, even after a reboot, it will have the logs.

--
Regards,
Sandeep.

“To learn is to change. Education is a process that changes the learner.”