Re: where is macro SetPageDirty located

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Daniel Baluta <daniel.baluta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to search whole tree but can't find SetPageDirty() definition.
>>> Could you point me where can I finf it?
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I think the function is hidden within a macro definition.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Daniel
>>
> Maybee you're right but I cant see where it is located? Could you send
> line number.
>
> Next curious think is that function SetPageDirty is used in driver,
> but according some emails
> from Andrew Motron it shouldn't be used directly.

Ok , so the things happend as follows.

First macro SETPAGEFLAG is declared at line 131 in page-flags.h ([1]).
Then macro PAGEFLAG is declared at line 156 and it makes use of macro
SETPAGEFLAG. ([2])
Finally macro PAGEFLAG(Dirty, dirty) is  used at line 186. ([3]).

Now if you follow the path backwards you'll see how SetPageDirty is obtained.

thanks,
Daniel.

[1]http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.28/include/linux/page-flags.h#L131
[2]http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.28/include/linux/page-flags.h#L156