Re: hot to distinquish between 2 USB devices with same vendor and product id

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 02:36:55PM +0100, Belisko Marek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My problem is that during init I should setup camera with different
> init data stream but cameras
> can have same vendor and product id (but different init data should be sent).
>
> Exist some way to distinquish between 2 USB devices with same vendor
> and product id?
> Don't have bcdDevice parameter.

How do you know which device to send which init data to in the first
place?

You could use the device position on the USB bus, but note that it is
not always the same every boot.

Sounds like you have some very broken devices.

good luck,

greg k-h