Re: Recovering Partition using linux

Sorry for the previous mails....

I tried a NTFS recovery tool named as

1st NTFS Recovery 3.3.1.0( evaluation Version).

It is very good. It took out the whole directory structure correctly. The only problem is that in order to access the files I need to pay for it and I dont want to do that.

As the directory structure is correct it is proved that the partition is untouched and correct and simple MBR manipulations can result in recovering the drive correctly.

I am quite hesitant to do anything without a clear cut idea as i may lose the data.

I used cfdisk as i already mentioned but may be I did not do i correctly.

any suggestions/ comments.

Can we have a tool in developed in open source community which can give the results similar to 1st NTFS recovery ??