From: kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sharanagouda Biradar
Sent: Thursday, 5 February 2009 7:35 PM
To: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: kernel

hi everyone
pls can anyone tell me how to log in as root in linux (i am using ubuntu
8.1 OS ) even though i am the only user in the OS the system is not giving
the admin previliges..m also using windows vista along side(multi boot)
,also can any one pls tell me how to download kernel 2.6.9-42 source code
and build it ? any good links are appriciated

--
Regards
sharan