Re: initrd on ubuntu 8.10

Sorry, I had it fixed.

I have used: update-initramfs -c -k 2.6.28 to generate initrd file.
Also take care when editing the menu.lst file (at least for ubuntu) to add the UID. Without it you will probably get an error.

Sorry for not tackling the problem more before sending the email.

Thanks,
Radu.

radu@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

I am pretty new to kernel compiling and I am having a problem on an
ubuntu 8.10 when trying to compile kernel 2.6.28. After the final `make
install` I have to generate the initrd file. But I don't know how and
the package which contains this command initrd-tools it's not in my repo.
Is it safe to add it from somewhere else?
And if so, how should I use it? (i.e /deb
http://www.backports.org/debian/ woody module-init-tools initrd-tools).
/I already have an entry for this kernel in /boot/grub/menu.lst, but the
initrd is missing and don't know how to generate.

Any advice is more than welcomed.

Thanks,
Radu.
/