Re: [uClinux-dev] why no-mmu cannot support binfmt_aout.c

But the format of cross-compiled binary file like busybox is only ELF,
Why do you think so. I do use busybox in a non-MMU arch (NIOS). It is cross-compiled on a PC using the appropriate "uClinux-distr" tool chain. The format of the executable file "busybox" is flt.

OTOH I do have another tool-chain for the (non-MMU) NIOS, that does not create Linux executable but stuff to run without an external OS on that hardware. Same seems to create an executable in elf format.
if there is option I can add to let  busybox and other binary files
compiled in different format.
the option is -elf2flt. Of course the tool chain needs to support this-
If I guess correctly above, does that mean uclinux doesn't support ELF?

It seems that this depends on the toolchain used.

-Michael