Re: timer interrupt

Hi list,

First of all, in the meantime I discovered that it's NOT the timer
code... A simple module entry and exit with a printk() will cause a
(very) occasional fault in free_module().

It seems the problem is solved by using modpost through make.
I've scoured on Google but I can't seem to readily find proper
documentation on the usage of the "obj -m += xxxx.o" command in a
makefile ?

I've got several books such as Linux Bible (2006 edition), Linux Device
Drivers 2nd edition and Understanding the Linux Kernel 3rd edition.
However, not a single one mentions the "obj -m" command. One book
briefly mentions the structure (basic) of a Makefile, that's it.

Does anyone know where I can find a good description of Makefile, with
better explanation of this command above ?

Naturally something was incomplete when I manually added in the
__this_module struct and so on.

All I seem to need for now is a Makefile in my module source directory containing :
obj-m += test.o
(I only have 1 dependency so far, just for testing&studying)

If I source the linux_cross_compile, setting the environment vars, and call from there :
kris@Ubuntu:~/Documents/linux-2.6.26.3-at91-olimex$ make M=~/test
I get proper module code it seems :

  LD      /home/kris/test/built-in.o
  CC [M]  /home/kris/test/test.o
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 1 modules
  CC      /home/kris/test/test.mod.o
  LD [M]  /home/kris/test/test.ko

If anyone can get me going on how this magical "obj -m += test.o works, I'd be grateful

Best regards,
Kris