Re: timer interrupt

Hello all,

I've just joined up with this list, so this is mainly an initial "ping"
to see if I can post.
I'm a newbie studying embedded linux on an Olimex SAM9-L9260 target,
cross compiling on Ubuntu 8.10.

Eventually I'd like to ask a couple of questions. On the subject of
timer INTs, I actually just got timer callbacks going in this sort of
newbie handler approach :

static void timer_fire(unsigned long data)
{
  mod_timer(&timer_ticktock, jiffies + (timer_tick*HZ));
  printk ("Timer fired at %lu jiffies\n",jiffies);
}

All works perfect, but *very* occasionally upon unregistering (rmmod)
the module I'll get a segmentation fault.
I've tried with protecting the module exit code, but still seems to be a
snag. I'll provide better detail when I post properly.

I hope this post pings OK - this looks to be a great list.

Best regards,
Kris