Re: Asynchronous event from kernel to user space (by procfs or/and sysfs)

PAtrick Gerber wrote:
All those data could be acceded through proc or sys. Now I dont want that my application need to pool the (virtual) file from proc or sys to be aware of a change of the data. Of course I can't use somthing like inotify because the data from the (virtual) file are computed only when we read the (virtual) file. This is the "get" approche of proc or sys. Do you have an idea of how the application can receive any kind of event from my driver ? signal ? uevent ? anything else ?

Thanks in advance for every help usefull or not !

It almost sounds like you want to provide some sort of socket that can be connected to and let user space programs wait on it. Depending on how many items you have to wait on perhaps you should look at poll, epoll, signalfd ( http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_22#head-0357b2415f5d3116bf2b03de07224d16912acec2 ).

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/