RE: Not able to ping two ethernet interfaces connected using cross cable in same PC.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Bhavesh Kamani
<kamanibhavesh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>	Hi Team,
>
>	    I want to test ethernet driver for NIC, I have only one PC
with two different NICs(for both drivers are >different), So I disabled
loopback and connected both the NICs using cross cable. Output of
"ifconfig" is displaying both >the interfaces and ip address is also set
for both the interfaces.
255.255.255.0 <http://255.255.255.0/>

255.255.255.0 <http://255.255.255.0/>  gw 192.168.0.5
	    #route add -net 192.168.0.1 <http://192.168.0.1/>  netmask
255.255.255.0 <http://255.255.255.0/>  gw 192.168.0.1
><http://192.168.0.1/>  dev eth1
>	but those comands are giving error like :
>	" route: netmask doesn't match route address"
>
>	    I also put "1" in ip_forward file.
>
>	I am not able to ping anyone of those interfaces using ping
command.

>	Can anyone give some inputs on this?

i hope,  here you don't need any route entry.
first check whether both the interfaces are up and running. check
whether the link is up, with proper speed(Auto-negotiation), by this
command "ethtool eth0" show the link-status and auto-negotiation.
if still, not working, let me know the 'speed' of the interface.

~Madhukar.