Re: where I can get the reference for linux instructions?

i think best book for this is -- linux pocket guide...
as it gives you all shell command in -- categories.
and that too very brief selected  useful options..crisp useful information ...
i found it very helpful.
Nidhi

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 8:16 PM, Jagadeesh Bhaskar P <jagadeeshbp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The instruction I mean is some terminal commands, like fdisk, du, df ,
> date, etc, not kernel apis.

I guess you are speaking of. are the commands that you can execute
from the shell prompt.

Most of such commands, that are accepted by Linux are UNIX ones, or
their derivatives (with few extra ones, AFAIK).

To learn, categorically, about the basic  commands like fdisk, du etc.
one book I'd suggest is:

"Your UNIX: The Ultimate Guide (Paperback)" by Sumitabha Das.

Here is the link to it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0072520426/ref=sib_dp_pop_toc?ie=UTF8&p=S00R#reader-link

--
With regards,