Re: where I can get the reference for linux instructions?

2008/10/21 loody <miloody@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Dear all:
> I bought a book, "linux in a nutshell", and there is a chapter lists
> instructions in alphabetical order.
> But I want to know where I can find the instructions listed by
> categories, like file control, disk control, network, system, etc.
> Anyone knows where I get these information or book I can buy, please
> let me know.
> Sincerely Yours,
> miloody

Hi miloody,

I'm sorry to disappoint you but the API changes quickly
and the functions and structures of the kernel are often redesigned.

But fundamentals remain often the same by the time, even if their
functions change the name
of their paramaters or their structures change or delete one field.

You can find very important things about the kernel API in the book
Linux Device Driver (third version).
But they describe the API on the 2.6.10 kernel. As soon as such a book
is released, it becomes obsolete.
But this book is still relevant. As I said, the fundamentals mostly
remain the same.