Re: Seeking help regarding a project on Linux Device Drivers

On Friday 17 October 2008 10:12:58 debian developer wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Sir, it would be of great help if you could help me out in obtaining
> > > this source code as this will help me to progress to the next stage of
> > > the project.
> >
> > You can download all of it from www.kernel.org.
> >
> > good luck,

Indeed, and welcome to kernel hacking!

> I think she was asking for us to point her as to where she could find the
> specific
> code in the kernel sources...

Well, the first, and obvious step to where to find it, would be to aquire the
kernel source so that you have something to look in :-)

Secondly, the Documentation-folder is a good starting point. As the goal is
the usb stack, Documentation/usb/ is even better. This can all be found in
the kernel source.

Other good starting points would be the wiki http://kernelnewbies.org/ and
list of recommended books: http://kernelnewbies.org/KernelBooks

Also, if you want to start usb-hacking, the usb list is a good place to hang
out, I'd suspect: http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-usb

Hope this serves as a good starting point,

--
henrik