Re: load address of the kernel

Hello

2008/10/7 Mitul Modi <mituld.modi@xxxxxxxxx>:
> on which perticular board u r working on?

This is ARM926EJ-S based board, by its hardware design close to
ARM/versatile, so took the latter to clone.

> have you check the config.mk file in board/{board} specific folder.
>
> in this file you have to define TEXT_BASE which is the address to load the
> uboot.

Sure, I checked; I understand that TEXT_BASE is related to the
ZRELADDR defined in $(linux)/arch/arm/boot/Makefile, which in turn is
equal to per-board value of 'zreladdr-y' set in
$(linux)/arch/arm/mach-<board>/Makefile.boot

So my questions were rather general:
- how is 'zreladdr-y' defined
- in what order bootloader, its parameters and kernel are following in memory.

I understand that specific addresses are board specific, but the
layout of images in memory should be always constant, isn't it?

--
Roman Mashak