Re: detecting inactivity for power management

I suspect the answer could as simple as a simple timer - upon no
activities for some time T1, save the screen and power down into low
power mode.

I am aware that Motorola Rokr E2 handphone, which will go into
screensaver mode after some period of inactivites on its keys,

Motorola gladly release their source code (which is linux kernel based).

https://opensource.motorola.com/sf/projects/rokre2

or may be it could be the screensaver application (java based?) doing
this?   I really don't know :-).

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh