Re: address space of a block device

Peter Teoh escreveu:
On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Paulo da Silva <psdasilva@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Second concept is that this bd_inode is to create the object in the
buffer cache to buffer the data for the physical device - this is
where address space mapping comes in.

To answer your question, so when the physical device
is not connected, i think it is pointless to get the address space
mapping.   Am I correct?

When the the physical device is desconnected I think invalidate_bdev is
called. I didn't see what that does however. May be it destroys all
buffers and dirty cached pages.