Re: Spawning and managing userprocess from kernel module

Hi Aurélien,

(Hope your Canada trip after OLS was nice !)

Le Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:54:52 +0200,
DEGREMONT Aurelien <aurelien.degremont@xxxxxx> a écrit :

>  3 - Is the only solution to code a userspace daemon for doing that,
> and just use a mechanism  to communicate between this daemon and the
> kernel? This will split my work in two parts, and I'm not very fond
> of this solution...

Yes, this is what you should. You are trying to do too much userspace
things in the kernel. Do all that stuff in userspace, and use one of
the many communication mechanisms to exchange informations with your
kernel module.

BTW, we could better help you if you described what you are trying to
do exactly.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--