Re: configuring the Kernel

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 21:57:05 -0700
Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<skipped>
> > where else can I see to get a very minimal  kernel image which will
> > be required to run on a given machine ( obviously , running all
> > devices which were previously working !!)
>
> That's pretty simple, boot a distro kernel, take the installed
> modules, and then only configure them in.

<skipped>

Aren't there any underlying potential problems?
I think your solution is just an approach. For example, modules may be
loaded and unloaded dynamically or on demand. Thus, the list of modules
currently loaded may not be sufficient for a fully working system.
One should try to make use of all devices on his/her system at least
to make sure all modules have been loaded. And still is doesn't
guarantee anything, imho.
But I'm not an expert, just a newbie. So don't beat me much:)