Re: bug in kernel

Le Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:04:07 -0400,
Zaphod <zaphod001@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> My kernel is from Montavista, so i don't know if possible to compare
> to the current one.

Then ask support from Montavista :-)

More seriously, the community is probably not going to help you a lot
if you cannot test a more recent kernel version. Nobody has the source
code for your given kernel version... so I don't see how anybody could
help you.

> I can't reproduce it.

So it occurs from time to time ?

> Hope that someone can give me a little translation of backtrace, so
> i can go to check.
>
> My system doesn't have swap. Can i disable swapper?

The "swapper" task doesn't have anything to do with the swap. It's the
very first task created by the system, which becomes the idle task, if
I'm correct.

See http://lxr.linux.no/linux/include/linux/init_task.h#L151 for the
definition of this very special task.

Sincerly,