Re: /proc/slab_allocators empty??

Peter Teoh wrote:
> This is beside the point:
>
> Looking at the patch in Feb2008:
>
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/2/19/244
>
> It should be better to use SLOB than SLAB, which has been replaced by SLUB.
>
> Anyway, I have do a check on your config file (do it yourself too
> "make oldconfig"), and u will see that a lot of dependencies have not
> been ironed out, and the outcome of this make oldconfig may even
> negate some of your current settings in .config - based on automatic
> dependencies analysis inside Kconfig files.

hinkok@genovefa ~/kernel $ grep SLAB build-2.6.25-rc8/.config
CONFIG_SLAB=y
CONFIG_SLABINFO=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB_LEAK=y

Really? Which one of the Kconfig disables SLAB debug stuff, except the
one in ./init/?

hinkok@genovefa ~/kernel $ find source-2.6.25-rc8/ -name Kconfig | xargs
grep SLAB
source-2.6.25-rc8/init/Kconfig:	prompt "Choose SLAB allocator"
source-2.6.25-rc8/init/Kconfig:config SLAB
source-2.6.25-rc8/init/Kconfig:	bool "SLAB"
source-2.6.25-rc8/init/Kconfig:	  per cpu and per node queues. SLAB is
the default choice for
source-2.6.25-rc8/init/Kconfig:	   instead of managing queues of cached
objects (SLAB approach).
source-2.6.25-rc8/init/Kconfig:config SLABINFO
source-2.6.25-rc8/init/Kconfig:	depends on SLAB || SLUB

> So, the issue is that u are compiling something which is not logical,
> and some dependencies problem has occurred (eg, during modules
>
> Do a make oldconfig, then enter "ENTER" all the way to get the
> default, and see if the .config parameter meets your requirement, and
> if yes, "make" will start the compilation, and subsequent commands as
> well......

Did that too, but ended up with the empty /proc/slab_allocators again..
And since I haven't found any references to and code disbling the SLAB
debug stuff once enabled via make menuconfig I'm at the start again.

Best regards,
Hinko

--
ČETRTA POT, d.o.o., Kranj