ATH5K driver issue

Hi all,

I'm actually trying to modify the code of ath5k to fit my needs of my project. I need to send out a packet(needn't have any information in it) whenever I want.

I tried to figure out that the 'AR5K_REG_WRITE_Q(.,.,.)' macro to the end of ath5k_hw_tx_start function is the trigger to send out a packet.

When I tried to disable and enable the register  by setting '1<<q' into AR5K_QCU_TXD and AR5K_QCU_TXE registers, I don't find the packet to be transmitted. I'm able to say this as I'm able to monitor and plot the channel energy at an instant of time. The first packet leaves and the second packet which I've set 10s later is txed but not in between which are supposed to replicas of the first packet at 1s interval each(this is an experiment setup to check if I'm sending out packets the way I want).

Could someone tell me how to preserve and send the packets? Any ideas/comments/suggestions are extremely helpful.

Thank you.
Cool Fire.