Re: hidden Filesystem ???

Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
Hi...

filesystems is something I rarely touch..but.... I try to deliver ideas..

On Jan 22, 2008 4:26 PM, Onkar <onkar.n.m@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How do I get the filesystem which is shadowed by  another file system ?? For
instance , ext3 is mounted on /root  mount point. But this is alo a mount
point for rootfs (which is not unmounted ,AFAIK) .

AFAIK, you can't, unless you already open the file(s) and save the
file descriptor(s) which is shadowed.

regards,

Mulyadi.

As a userspace kludge, you might be able to remount the root node of the shadowed branch to another leaf node and then follow dirents recursively, saving inodes of shadowed directories as you go.  It's VERY ugly, and I'm positive that there's a kernel side way to do it elegantly, but I don't know how. I figured I throw the idea out there and see if you can derive a better method... I'm just shooting from the hip, as I don't know anything about file system level stuff.
begin:vcard
fn:Scott Lovenberg
n:Lovenberg;Scott
email;internet:scott.lovenberg@xxxxxxxxx