Re: working files from Interupt routine

Kathiresan, Lekshmanan wrote:

Hi All,

I have written code to create ordinary file from Linux kernel module. This code is working fine in normal execution, but its hangs when this function called from hook function or ISR.

Please advice me, what should I do to solve this problem.

Suppose if I remove variable arguments from this function. Its give error “Failed to write”. This problem comes only when I call from hook or ISR.

Please advise me.

can you at least tell us the scenario in which you thought it is necessary to write a file from kernel space?
As Eric Pointed out, its considered to be a Bad Design