Re: System-global flag on an x86

Hi...
No, because that would only turn the flag on inside the kernel. I need it on before the system call starts executing. My quick'n'dirty hack is to user the FPU control word. It is accessible from user mode, very cheap to read and write, globally enforced, and doesn't seem to be causing any serious side effects.
Thanks for sharing. I didn't think about that (FPU).... good to know... Originally, I was thinking if there is unused global register untouched during user-kernel context switch, but AFAIK in Linux ABI, those registers are popped/pushed.

regards,

Mulyadi