Re: TCP checksum fails

TCP checksum may actually be computed in hardware, so that the value you
see in the packet may not be the final checksum value.
Which NIC are you using? You can use ethtool to check whether it has TCP
offload capabilities.

Elad

Gaurav Aggarwal wrote:
Hi All,

I wrote a program where I am using the nfnetlink and netfilter_queue
model to capture the packet. After that I just change the destination
address of the packet and insert it back into the ip stack. Now
instead of calculating the TCP checksum from scratch, I was just
recalculating it by using incremental update mechanism as mentioned in
RFC 1624. Good thing is that I was able to get the correct IP header
checksum but packet's TCP checksum value is corrupted. Interesting
thing is, the difference in checksum is exactly the same as that of
difference in original and modified packet header. What I mean to say
is that I was changing the destination IP from "10.102.35.22" to
"10.102.35.24" and the difference in tcp checksum (expected and
computed) is coming as 0x02. Attached is the source code and tcpdump.
Any help will be really appreciated.