Re: Kernel with RAID

Paul,

  The usual problem with custom raid is at boot time. You compile a
nice custom kernel but the bootup environment lacks the ability to use
the raid. You need to add your raid module into your kernel image in
the boot directory. You can uncompress that image using cpio and then
treat it pretty much as a regular kernel.

Good luck,

Karl Tatgenhorst